About 17-18 people attended the third meeting of the Irish Linux Users
Adjourned to Skeff's.
The management of the ILUG was discussed, with 3-4 roles required:
The roles of chairman and secretarial & organisation could be undertaken
by the one person.
Peter Corcoran - Galway
Stephen Mulcahy - Galway
Ken - Dublin, John - Galway
Peter - Galway, Caolan - Limerick, Ken (prov.) - Dublin
An 'open' structure of management was also discussed.
- Joe Desbonnet mentioned moving/integrating GLUG (Galway LUG) closer to
- The aims of the ILUG were discussed and decided:
- Facilitate communication between users.
- Promote Linux
- Accommodate undertaking of Linux related projects
- Grassroots - helping people on the technical issues of using Linux
- PR Issue - decided that a mailing list would be of use.