Please find attached for comment the minutes of the last meeting according
to me, it was not a long meeting, but the session afterwards certainly was
------------ David Airlie, David.Airlie at ul.ie,airlied at skynet --------
Telecommunications Research Centre, ECE Dept, University of Limerick \
http://www.csn.ul.ie/~airlied -- Telecommunications Researcher \
--- TEL: +353-61-202695 -----------------------------------------------
-------------- next part --------------
Minutes of ILUG meeting , University of Limerick, 24 April 1999
Attendance of about 30 people,
1. Money from IUUG
A discussion was held about the cash from the IUUG which I missed a bit off due to me getting paper to write the minutes on, so I think we said it would be good to use it as part of organising an event that we could get Linus too,
However more important was the setting up of a bank a/c by the ILUG to get the cash into. Caolan McNamara took the job of figuring out the rules for setting up a non-university society a/c,
The location of the bank a/c was a second issue which will need discussion later. Also the formalisation of the ILUG committee will probably be needed for this.
2. Membership of ILUG
The question was again posed of what membership means, being on the mailing list or reading it from the WWW board,.. this may need to be formalised as part of the bank a/c thing.. unsure as of yet.
3. Interest in the Birds of a Feather sessions,
These would be at F2Fs with topics like networking etc..
It was decided that a call be made on the mailing list for suggestions on what session people would like to see..
4. VT quake was discussed along with Caolan McNamara's sanity :-)....
5. Caolan proposed we might spend some money on the registering the ILUG with the on-line back issues of the Linux Journal ...
6. All members were urged to do some free software under the GPL to push the Irish names on the net up a bit !!
7. Caolan mentioned software bizarre, where software projects are sort of auctioned out, he said he would transmit the URL around.
8. Next F2F was suggested for Dublin, in the last weekend in May first weekend of June, to be sorted by Dublin people.
9. JohnMc brought out the DecStation 5000/120 we oogled, loads of RAM, I stole some RAM wouldn't work in my Decstation, but in the process, fixed a lose board, and Linux/mips started to boot on my box magic ....
10. The Stables club was entered and after that it gets all fuzzy .. as some of Damiens pictures show.
Maintained by the ILUG website team. The aim of Linux.ie is to
support and help commercial and private users of Linux in Ireland. You can
display ILUG news in your own webpages, read backend
information to find out how. Networking services kindly provided by HEAnet, server kindly donated by
Dell. Linux is a trademark of Linus Torvalds,
used with permission. No penguins were harmed in the production or maintenance
of this highly praised website. Looking for the
Indian Linux Users' Group? Try here. If you've read all this and aren't a lawyer: you should be!