Do I understand this correctly?
1. UNIX/Linux bypasses the BIOS completely and accesses the RTC
2. Windows mostly goes throught the BIOS (aside: what Doze progs
access the RTC directly??)
3. The RTC in most pc's uses 2 digits for years and hence is not y2k
4. Compliant BIOS's (ie most current ones) adjust for the RTC and pass
the time to the OS at boot and later
5. If the OS is Linux, the time will be arseways after 2000
6. Linux PC's are shagged even though linux itself is compliant
a. right, and Linux pc's are going to die and we should be panicking
b, wrong, if so where?
Maintained by the ILUG website team. The aim of Linux.ie is to
support and help commercial and private users of Linux in Ireland. You can
display ILUG news in your own webpages, read backend
information to find out how. Networking services kindly provided by HEAnet, server kindly donated by
Dell. Linux is a trademark of Linus Torvalds,
used with permission. No penguins were harmed in the production or maintenance
of this highly praised website. Looking for the
Indian Linux Users' Group? Try here. If you've read all this and aren't a lawyer: you should be!