My dial-up connection works perfectly 80% of the time, the other 20%
when I click on connect it reports that the helper process just died
and says there would be no point in continuing, so it will quit.
I thought it was related to the amount of time which the pre-connect
window was left open for, but I think I have ruled it out.
It's not a major problem, but does anyone have any ideas what is
causing this poor unfortunate process to die all the time ?
I never get engaged tones or hangups or any other connection problems,
once the error message doesn't come up the modem just dials and
connects every time.
Maintained by the ILUG website team. The aim of Linux.ie is to
support and help commercial and private users of Linux in Ireland. You can
display ILUG news in your own webpages, read backend
information to find out how. Networking services kindly provided by HEAnet, server kindly donated by
Dell. Linux is a trademark of Linus Torvalds,
used with permission. No penguins were harmed in the production or maintenance
of this highly praised website. Looking for the
Indian Linux Users' Group? Try here. If you've read all this and aren't a lawyer: you should be!