I've just installed whitebox linux 3.0 on a machine via a http install.
Now thats its all installed, I'm wanting to connect to other machines on
my wee home lan.
Problem is, it aint working...
- Ping/telnet/ssh to/from said box doesnt work.
- The network card is the same as for install, as are the IP settings.
- There is no firewall (yet) on this machine, nor on one of the other
- The light is on on the hub
- The ethernet cable is working (have tried with others as well, no joy).
- The light is on on the NIC
- I've tried another NIC as well, same prob.
I think I've checked everything, but I may wrong. I've followed exactly
all the same steps that I went through for a recent RedHat 9 install,
which worked fine.
What am I missing if anything. Suggestions please?
"And today is only Yesterday's tomorrow"
Ken Hensley, Uriah Heep, 'Circle of Hands'
Maintained by the ILUG website team. The aim of Linux.ie is to
support and help commercial and private users of Linux in Ireland. You can
display ILUG news in your own webpages, read backend
information to find out how. Networking services kindly provided by HEAnet, server kindly donated by
Dell. Linux is a trademark of Linus Torvalds,
used with permission. No penguins were harmed in the production or maintenance
of this highly praised website. Looking for the
Indian Linux Users' Group? Try here. If you've read all this and aren't a lawyer: you should be!