I've been asked to forward this on to the list. Replies go to Alex,
not to me.
----- Forwarded message from Alex French <alex at bitbuzz.com> -----
Bitbuzz is Ireland's leading independent WiFi network with public
hotspots available throughout Ireland. We are a growing startup
focused on providing the best possible solution to our customers
through innovative use of technology.
Bitbuzz is seeking to add a Technical Engineer to our team, reporting
to the Technical Director. The Technical Engineer will work on
network rollout, provide customer support and assist with
network/system administration. The position may be part time or
fulltime, depending on the candidate.
This role provides an excellent opportunity for a candidate to build
wireless and ISP skills in a rapidly growing industry.
Required skills (you should have all of these)
* Enough UNIX knowledge to perform basic sysadmin tasks; Ideally, you
currently run *nix somewhere.
* Ethernet basics (CAT5). You will have hooked up a basic 10/100baseT
network and know some background theory.
* WiFi/802.11 basics. You will have set up a WiFi base station and
know some background theory.
* SQL/PHP basics. You will have used PHP and some SQL database
(ideally postgresql but others are OK) to generate dynamic web pages.
* Enough Win32 to do "typical" desktop support. You will have used
Windows and be able to support basic internet connections on it.
* Available for some out-of-hours work (evenings and weekends).
* Basic HTML skills. You should be able to create and edit simple web
pages using a text editor.
* Experience with internet issues. You will have a broad
understanding of the social and commercial issues involved in the
ongoing evolution of the internet and the provision of IP services
(e.g. spam, censorship, etc).
Additional skills: You should have at least 4 of these.
* LAN intermediate skills. You should be able to design and implement
LANs with knowledge of basic routing, switching, spanning tree and IP
* 802.11 intermediate skills. You should have worked with more
complex WiFi installations, including multiple APs, and have a deeper
understanding of the radio propagation issues involved.
* SQL/PHP advanced skills. You will have DBA skills and have created
a complex DB-driven site using PHP.
* Telephony. You will have good knowledge of corporate telephone
installations including Krone equipment and basic PBX operation.
* ISP experience/contacts/industry knowledge
* Practical knowledge of embedded systems, such as 'shrinking' O.S.
distributions for limited size storage equipment.
* Physics theory: knowledge of temperature, RF, and electrical physics.
* Driving license & use of a car
Attributes: we expect you to demonstrate the following attributes
* Good learner
* Customer-friendliness: patience and politeness in any customer situation
* Resourcefulness in solving problems
To apply, please send a CV (text, PDF or Word only) to
people at bitbuzz.com. Informal enquiries can be made to the same
----- End forwarded message -----
Maintained by the ILUG website team. The aim of Linux.ie is to
support and help commercial and private users of Linux in Ireland. You can
display ILUG news in your own webpages, read backend
information to find out how. Networking services kindly provided by HEAnet, server kindly donated by
Dell. Linux is a trademark of Linus Torvalds,
used with permission. No penguins were harmed in the production or maintenance
of this highly praised website. Looking for the
Indian Linux Users' Group? Try here. If you've read all this and aren't a lawyer: you should be!