Joseph Kiniry wrote:
>> And what a sad day it is when you cannot find a UNIX that will run on
> a 64MB, 350 MHz box... <sigh>
* Puppy will boot off a minimum PC with 586 CPU and 32M RAM.
* Puppy will easily install to USB, Zip or hard drive media.
* Booting from CD, Puppy will load totally into RAM so that the CD
drive is then free for other purposes.
* Booting from USB, Puppy will greatly minimise writes, to extend
the life of Flash devices indefinitely.
* Puppy will be extremely friendly for Linux newbies.
* Puppy will boot up and run extraordinarily fast.
* Puppy will have /all/ the applications needed for daily use.
* Puppy will just work, no hassles.
i've tried it on 64 (very briefly), 128 and 256mb machines, it did work
ok. curious to see if you try it on a 32mb machine.
This account is only active mon-fri 9:00am -> 5:00pm. Use mobile to contact me outside these hours
Maintained by the ILUG website team. The aim of Linux.ie is to
support and help commercial and private users of Linux in Ireland. You can
display ILUG news in your own webpages, read backend
information to find out how. Networking services kindly provided by HEAnet, server kindly donated by
Dell. Linux is a trademark of Linus Torvalds,
used with permission. No penguins were harmed in the production or maintenance
of this highly praised website. Looking for the
Indian Linux Users' Group? Try here. If you've read all this and aren't a lawyer: you should be!