On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 05:35:31PM +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> On Thursday 24 February 2005 16:16, Thomas Bridge wrote:
> > I'm sorry to have to say this - but diddums. DSL has been widely
> > available in metropolitan areas of the UK for at least five years now, and
> > there are still a large number of rural locations which don't have it yet.
> I read recently that 99% of BT subscribers can now get DSL
> (or maybe it said they would be able to get it sometime this year).
> It claimed BT had some new technique which allowed many
> previously too far from the exchange to get connected.
The current figure is I think 97%. Which still leaves 3%.
And we're not talking villages of Williamses in the mountains -
we're talking towns of a few thousand people in Bedfordshire
Maintained by the ILUG website team. The aim of Linux.ie is to
support and help commercial and private users of Linux in Ireland. You can
display ILUG news in your own webpages, read backend
information to find out how. Networking services kindly provided by HEAnet, server kindly donated by
Dell. Linux is a trademark of Linus Torvalds,
used with permission. No penguins were harmed in the production or maintenance
of this highly praised website. Looking for the
Indian Linux Users' Group? Try here. If you've read all this and aren't a lawyer: you should be!