So far I have
- downloaded the split image and copied it together
- looks like a workable DVD image, I can mount it and everything
I installed a VMWare box with 9.0 and tried to use the ruddy thing as an
upgrade source, using the follwing meachanisms
- use ISO as DVD drive for VMWare
- mount ISO with Alcohol 120 on my windows box and tell vmware to use
that as a DVD drive
- copy contents of ISO to VMWare box HD and try and use the directory
- use the suse 9.2 directory on ftp.heanet.ie as an upgrade source
the first 3 give me
"Cannot read package data from installation media"
the last one gives me:
the reason I am doing it this way is that I have a production 9.0 server
which I want to upgrade, so I am trying the process first on a vmware box.
Maintained by the ILUG website team. The aim of Linux.ie is to
support and help commercial and private users of Linux in Ireland. You can
display ILUG news in your own webpages, read backend
information to find out how. Networking services kindly provided by HEAnet, server kindly donated by
Dell. Linux is a trademark of Linus Torvalds,
used with permission. No penguins were harmed in the production or maintenance
of this highly praised website. Looking for the
Indian Linux Users' Group? Try here. If you've read all this and aren't a lawyer: you should be!