We have been using a linux based web host in the UK but are thinking of
changing as other hosting houses now offer better facilties and we are
dissapointed with the support levels. Without generating an online war I was
looking for some recommendations. Our requirements are quite basic:
1. Apache, MySQL (preferably 4), PHP, Perl
2. Reasonable disk allocation ie ~200mb and preferably the option to buy more.
3. Access to multiple email accounts by either pop or IMAP
4. Support for about 6 websites
5. Good support, preferably a phone number, the present "email only support"
we have is rubbish with requests taking two days to be replied to.
Also having not moved ISP before what are the pitfalls? I assume its just:
1. Sign up with new ISP
2. Set up website and email accounts
3. Reset DNS to point to new website
4. Download mail from new and old until new DNS kicks in
5. Cancel old account
Maintained by the ILUG website team. The aim of Linux.ie is to
support and help commercial and private users of Linux in Ireland. You can
display ILUG news in your own webpages, read backend
information to find out how. Networking services kindly provided by HEAnet, server kindly donated by
Dell. Linux is a trademark of Linus Torvalds,
used with permission. No penguins were harmed in the production or maintenance
of this highly praised website. Looking for the
Indian Linux Users' Group? Try here. If you've read all this and aren't a lawyer: you should be!