I am not a recruiter, but from time to time there are interesting
vacancies to share. Deadline for applications is Thursday.
Please reply off list if interested.
ROLE TITLE: Systems Administrator
REPORTING TO: Director of Engineering
The role of the Systems Administrator with my client is to ensure the
company receives a top quality IT service. As the systems administrator
you will have the opportunity to define the IT infrastructure and make
decisions that will define how the company functions.
* General Systems Administration of Unix ,Windows and Firewall servers .
* Server support (application and network configuration)
* Network hardware setup (switches, hubs, firewalls)
* Implement back-up and recovery strategies
* IT account maintenance including mail, quotas, access.
* Installation, support and troubleshooting of Unix and Windows 2000 /
XP operating systems.
* Purchasing of new equipment and planning and forecasting hardware needs.
* To take a proactive role to increase the quality and reliability of
system services in a rapidly growing company.
* Interpersonal skills
ENTRY LEVEL REQUIREMENTS
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE - ESSENTIAL
* At least two years Systems Administration experience in a Unix
* Knowledge of Solaris Operating environment and hardware.
* Strong knowledge of Windows 2000, XP and Server 2003
* Knowledge of shell scripting and automation
* Understanding of networking infrastructure, TCP/IP, routing, NAT, dial
* Windows 2000 / XP configuration experience and problem analysis,
especially with networking, is a must.
* Checkpoint Firewall experience.
* Knowledge of other Unix systems such as HP/UX, Linux would be useful.
* Knowledge of SAN technology
* Knowledge of shell scripting and automation.
* Knowledge of Oracle 10g/9i
Willingness to train and develop the Unix/Windows/Scripting skills.
Maintained by the ILUG website team. The aim of Linux.ie is to
support and help commercial and private users of Linux in Ireland. You can
display ILUG news in your own webpages, read backend
information to find out how. Networking services kindly provided by HEAnet, server kindly donated by
Dell. Linux is a trademark of Linus Torvalds,
used with permission. No penguins were harmed in the production or maintenance
of this highly praised website. Looking for the
Indian Linux Users' Group? Try here. If you've read all this and aren't a lawyer: you should be!