-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
An ex colleague of mine has alerted me to the fact he's looking for one
(or possibly more) senior system administration type people.
I can provide contact details privately if anyone is interested in
applying. If anyone applies directly, I'd appreciate it if my name was
NewBay Software requires an experienced Unix System?s administrator to
join our Systems team to setup, deploy and assume responsibility for a
range of different web applications deployed for our clients. The role
will include the design, implementation and ongoing maintenance of a
number of services which are either run as ASPs or installed on our
client site. The role will include an element of being on call,
approximately 1 week in 5, to cover support for our 24x7 customers
* Diagnosing and troubleshooting problems to work around and root cause
* Taking full responsibility for ensuring that the problem is addressed.
* Analyzing systems and suggesting work around and fixes for problems.
* Collecting and communicating information to NewBay Engineering
and/or external 3rd party suppliers.
* Working with external software vendors.
* Liaising directly with customers.
* Installation of maintenance releases.
* Assisting the customer in acceptance testing.
* Providing technical assistance to NewBay Business Development.
* Oracle / MySQL
* Solaris 9, 10
* TCP/IP networking (routing, switching and load balancing concepts)
* Scripting (Awk, Shell, Perl)
* Experience with Java web application running in Tomcat
Other Useful Skills
* Nagios / Netsaint
* Experience with 99.9 to 99.999% availability systems
* F5 Big IP
* F5 3DNS
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.3 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Maintained by the ILUG website team. The aim of Linux.ie is to
support and help commercial and private users of Linux in Ireland. You can
display ILUG news in your own webpages, read backend
information to find out how. Networking services kindly provided by HEAnet, server kindly donated by
Dell. Linux is a trademark of Linus Torvalds,
used with permission. No penguins were harmed in the production or maintenance
of this highly praised website. Looking for the
Indian Linux Users' Group? Try here. If you've read all this and aren't a lawyer: you should be!