> > > An application I am trying to install is looking for libasound.so in
> > > SuSE 10.2.
> > The other possibility is to consider using apt. You can get at apt by
> > installing synaptic (which is a gui interface and so might not suit
> > you). Or you can run apt by itself.
> > apt-get update
> > followed by
> > apt-get install <your application>
>> "apt-cache search libasound" would work too.
Google says SuSE's version of apt-rpm is pretty borked (I do Debian and
RHEL, so I could be/probably am wrong here). Would not "yum search
libasound" do the same thing, but with an RPM native package manager, rather
than a kludged DEB tool?
The 95% Rule of Project Management:
The first 95% of the job takes 95% of the time.
The other 5% takes the other 95% of the time.
Maintained by the ILUG website team. The aim of Linux.ie is to
support and help commercial and private users of Linux in Ireland. You can
display ILUG news in your own webpages, read backend
information to find out how. Networking services kindly provided by HEAnet, server kindly donated by
Dell. Linux is a trademark of Linus Torvalds,
used with permission. No penguins were harmed in the production or maintenance
of this highly praised website. Looking for the
Indian Linux Users' Group? Try here. If you've read all this and aren't a lawyer: you should be!