I've been asked to pass on this job description (detailed below). Let
me know if you're interested.
*Job Title: XenSource Support Engineer*
*As an enterprise technical support engineer, you will provide technical
support to customers who are working to implement XenSource and related
products. You will investigate, troubleshoot and solve customers'
technical cases on the XenSource products. You may be involved in some
or all phases of the software development and maintenance cycle. These
phases include working on customer-based problems dealing with both the
Escalation Team as well as Third Level development on reproducing and
researching customers' issues, troubleshooting, debugging,
documentation, building lab environments, and software maintenance and
* Communicate with customers via telephone or written correspondence
regarding technical problems identified in Citrix XenSource
products and manage relationships with those customers until the
issue is resolved or escalated.
* Resolve customer technical issues through diligent research,
reproduction, and troubleshooting
* Maintain strong working knowledge of pre-release products and take
ownership for product improvement in key product areas.
* Assist with selection of new team members.
* Act as a focal point in cooperative relationships with other
* Develop complex workarounds in addition to reproducing issues
in-house as needed in order to restore functionality on customers'
* Write complex technical articles for the knowledge base.
* Share knowledge with other engineers and develop customer solutions.
*Qualifications and Requirements
*A XenSource Support engineer must possess excellent problem solving and
communication skills. In addition, the individual must be flexible,
dependable and have excellent time management skills and have the
ability to work both individually or in a team environment with minimal
Must be willing to work 24x7 as required, including weekend support.
Candidates must be willing to travel.
* Experience and/or good understanding of virtualization concepts
* Experience in providing Linux/UNIX and Windows technical support
* Experience configuring and troubleshooting network storage systems
and associated protocols (NAS, SAN, File System Architecture,
CIFS, SMB, NFS)
* Excellent knowledge of Windows, Linux, Unix, Solaris or FreeBSD
* Basic understanding of the TCP/IP networking stack
* Good working experience in an enterprise LAN/WAN environment
* Excellent practical knowledge using network sniffers and protocol
analyzers (e.g. Ethereal, Sniffer, TCPDump) to assist with
troubleshooting networking issues
* Experience with firewalls and other security related issues
* Experience working in a customer focused Enterprise Support
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Experience with Veritas Cluster
* Experience with data recovery
* Strong written and oral communications skills in English language
* B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Maintained by the ILUG website team. The aim of Linux.ie is to
support and help commercial and private users of Linux in Ireland. You can
display ILUG news in your own webpages, read backend
information to find out how. Networking services kindly provided by HEAnet, server kindly donated by
Dell. Linux is a trademark of Linus Torvalds,
used with permission. No penguins were harmed in the production or maintenance
of this highly praised website. Looking for the
Indian Linux Users' Group? Try here. If you've read all this and aren't a lawyer: you should be!