The team I'm working with in HP Galway are currently hiring.
Core skillset being looked for is based around Linux, so thought it would be of interest.
Direct Link: https://hp.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=2364534
You may have to refresh the page to see the correct one when using firefox.
I've included the details below. Currently have 10+ positions at varying levels.
EVERGREEN - Systems/Software Engr-529217
HP's investment in Cloud Infrastructure and Services reflects a significant part of HP's computing strategy. Cloud Services will have a huge impact on the way in which IT is supplied and consumed by individuals, small/medium-sized enterprises, large enterprises and governments - whole new classes of service and functionality will be made possible. The promise of Cloud Services is profound and exciting for both users and providers, and HP is uniquely positioned to play a key role in making it real and compelling.
HP's Cloud business has established R&D facilities in Galway and also Bristol alongside HP Labs, to build core product technologies that are scalable, secure, reliable, resilient, flexible and adaptive. We are seeking highly-motivated and talented individuals, both technologists and managers, to become part of this new and expanding group.
Major responsibilities and experience:
Senior technologist / software engineer to work as part of a fast-moving, global, entrepreneurial team creating a large-scale distributed management system for delivering and managing cloud infrastructure and platform services. The role will include all aspects of the software engineering lifecycle. The area of focus include:
* building distributed management intelligence for a large-scale, federated data-centre fabrics, meeting performance, security, reliability, persistence and scalability requirements
* Minimum of good Batchelors degree in computer science or related field with relevant experience
* Experience in all aspects of the software engineering lifecycle; architecture, design, development, documentation, test, deployment and support
* Experience in developing with distributed systems, preferably large-scale, secure and dependable systems.
* Experience in designing and building robust large-scale management systems
* In-depth Linux experience including development on Linux
* Experience with virtualization (one or more of KVM / Xen / Vmware) desired
* Systems-level development in one or more of C/C++/Java. Other languages (Python, Perl, , etc.) an advantage
* Excellent teamwork skills, including working as part of a distributed, global team
Maintained by the ILUG website team. The aim of Linux.ie is to
support and help commercial and private users of Linux in Ireland. You can
display ILUG news in your own webpages, read backend
information to find out how. Networking services kindly provided by HEAnet, server kindly donated by
Dell. Linux is a trademark of Linus Torvalds,
used with permission. No penguins were harmed in the production or maintenance
of this highly praised website. Looking for the
Indian Linux Users' Group? Try here. If you've read all this and aren't a lawyer: you should be!