-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Thanks to all who attended the AGM over the weekend. Please see the
DRAFT proceedings below - any errors are omissions are my fault and
corrections or additions would be appreciated. Hopefully I've got most
of the important stuff correct :)
ILUG AGM 2010 - PROCEEDINGS
What: Annual General Meeting + Talks
Who: ILUG, all members
Where: ICS Building, Upper Mount St., Dublin
When: 18th Dec 2010, 2:30pm ~ 5:00pm
2. Dermot McNally - Open Streetmap: Now that we've got the data what are
we going to do with it?
3. Rob Gallagher - Securing your DNS
4. Paul O'Malley - Ensuring freedom: Where's the Source?
5. Bill Quinn - Linux Certification
7. Eoin Brazil - Supercomputing using General Purpose GPUs
8. Thanks to outgoing committee, incoming committee, today's speakers,
ILUG members and in particular for the ICS for their continued support
and use of the venue.
8. Close and retire to Scruffy Murphy's
6a. Welcome to all
- Thomas Pedoussaut
- Niall O'Broin (delayed but on the way)
6c. Check that the Quorum has been met
- Quorum for the meeting has been met.
6d. Secretaries Report (Rachael Holt)
- Nothing to report
6e. Treasurer's Report (Niall O'Broin)
- Nothing to report.
6f. PRO's Report (Thomas Pedoussaut)
- Nothing to report.
6g. Chairman's Address (Gareth Eason)
- Thanks to outgoing committee: Rachael, Niall, Thomas, Kevin & Christian.
- ILUG has contributed to the landscape of Open Source computing and
software in Ireland over the last few years, arranging talks from the
likes of Steve Coast, Howard Chu, Stephen Hemminger, Mike Culver, Ronan
Mullally, Dave Wilson, Dave Malone and Rob Gallagher among many others
and assisting with the first SOTM (State of the Map) conference in Limerick.
- ILUG is proud to be represented in other bodies such as PHPUG-IE,
SAGE-IE, OSM-IE, CAMARA and various other oganisations and projects.
- ILUG is still growing: Grew from 235 Linked-In members (March 2009)
to today's 532 members (more than 100% growth.) Similarly, 66 Facebook
members (March 2009) to 195 members (today.)
- ILUG is as important and relevant today as it ever was, though for a
somewhat different landscape. Linux us now easy to install and computers
powerful enough to run as a server are plentiful. However we are seeing
more and more constraints from the legal side of the house with patent
encumbrances, closed technologies and litigation hampering technical
development. ILUG's Community is invaluable for discussing and sharing
information to ensure that the best solutions to problems can be found -
- ILUG maintains an active mailing list and IRC server / channel.
- ILUG continues to support other worthwhile projects and endeavours.
- ILUG provides a community to facilitate and enable all of the above -
and it is this community that makes ILUG what it is today, and what will
enable ILUG to become what it will in the future.
- It has been a genuine privilege to play a part in guiding ILUG
through the last three years and I very much look forward to the next
three where I have no doubt the organisation will continue to grow and
prosper under a new committee.
- Thank you.
- Secretary: Christian van den Bosch (nominated: Proinnsíos, seconded:
PaulOM) No objections, so elected.
- Treasurer: Kevin Lyda (nominated: Rachael, seconded: PaulOM) No
objections, so elected.
- PRO: Thomas Pedoussaut (nominated: PaulOM, seconded: Rachael) No
objections, so elected.
- Chairperson: Frank Duignan (nominated: Rachael, seconded: Proinnsíos)
No objections, so elected.
- Ordinary Members:
- Patrick (nominated: PaulOM, seconded: Tedeasz) No objections, so
- Cillian (nominated: Patrick, seconded: EoinB) No objections, so
- Tríona (nominated: Rachael, seconded: John) No objections, so
- David Howe (nominated: Frank, seconded: PaulOM) No objections, so
6i. Any Other Business
- Frank Duignan is looking for a loan of an LS120 Superdrive.
- Thanks again to the outgoing committee for all their work over the
last year and welcome to the new committee.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Maintained by the ILUG website team. The aim of Linux.ie is to
support and help commercial and private users of Linux in Ireland. You can
display ILUG news in your own webpages, read backend
information to find out how. Networking services kindly provided by HEAnet, server kindly donated by
Dell. Linux is a trademark of Linus Torvalds,
used with permission. No penguins were harmed in the production or maintenance
of this highly praised website. Looking for the
Indian Linux Users' Group? Try here. If you've read all this and aren't a lawyer: you should be!