We are hiring again, and looking for a sys/net admin to maintain a hosted
SaaS platform, based on Dell Poweredges, Citrix XenServer, OpenSUSE, Apache
& Tomcat, Cisco (monitored by Nagios + Cacti at the minute).
The successful applicant would be working in a team of two to maintain and
expand the existing environment.
Full text is below, please forward me on CVs via email only if interested.
Network Systems Administrator-Dublin
OpenJaw Technologies delivers high performance travel distribution software
solutions to the global travel industry and is the creator of the
xDistributor Platform, the world’s most powerful eCommerce platform for the
To support the continued growth of the company, we are currently recruiting
for Network System Administrator in our Dublin office. This is a full time
permanent position offering tremendous potential to highly motivated
*Duties and responsibilities:*
- Linux system administration and management, including configuration,
troubleshooting, and automation.
- TCP/IP based network administration and management, including network
configuration, firewalling and troubleshooting. Ability to identify
performance and application issues.
- Perform daily hosting platform monitoring, inclusive of all hardware,
networking and application resources; verifying the integrity and
availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes,
reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of
scheduled jobs such as backups.
- configuration and management of software for Fault Management,
Performance Management or
- Installation, configuration, daily administration and maintenance of
OpenJaw built hosted applications. Training will be provided.
- Strong understanding of running high-traffic web services including
requirements analysis, service configuration, monitoring and
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible
- Apply OS patches and upgrades, and upgrade admin tools and utilities.
- Run periodic performance reports to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning and resource optimisation as
- Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Responsible for taking part in out-of-hours support.
*Skills and experience:*
- Experience with Linux systems administration and management.
- Network management and administration and configuration experience.
- VM administration (Xen server preferably)
- Exposure to/knowledge of site-to-site VPN solutions (OpenSwan
implementation of IPSec) desirable.
- Cisco ASA firewall configuration experience preferably
- Knowledge of Apache based load balancers desirable.
- Experience with Apache TomCat configuration and maintenance desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field or equivalent experience.
- Exposure to disaster recovery/backup procedures.
- Firewalls (iptables) experience desirable.
- Internet security and virus protection.
- DBA (MySQL preferably)
- Knowledge of bash scripting language desirable.
- Must be fluent in English
Salary commensurate with experience.
OpenJaw Technologies is an equal opportunities employer. If you wish to be
considered for this position, please submit a cover letter and your CV to
email address provided.
No agency calls please.
Maintained by the ILUG website team. The aim of Linux.ie is to
support and help commercial and private users of Linux in Ireland. You can
display ILUG news in your own webpages, read backend
information to find out how. Networking services kindly provided by HEAnet, server kindly donated by
Dell. Linux is a trademark of Linus Torvalds,
used with permission. No penguins were harmed in the production or maintenance
of this highly praised website. Looking for the
Indian Linux Users' Group? Try here. If you've read all this and aren't a lawyer: you should be!