From: Paul Jakma (paul.jakma at domain compaq.com)
Date: Fri 18 Feb 2000 - 09:40:15 GMT
i'm having a problem with DNS/netscape.
whenever i try to go to a site that i havn't been to before, 9/10 times
netscape pretty quickly returns "no such host". If i reload it works.
i've tried with nslookup to check whether it's bind or netscape. But
nslookup always works, albeit a tad slowly on new/uncached hostnames.
I've got bind 8.2.2p5, options in named.conf are mostly default. eg
recursion yes, fetch-glue yes, multiple-cnames yes. I've tried with and
without the dial-up option but that doesn't make a difference.
Has anyone noticed this problem on RH6.1+netscape 4.7+caching ns/bind
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.6 : Thu 06 Feb 2003 - 13:05:27 GMT