From: John P. Looney (jplooney-ilug at domain online.ie)
Date: Wed 10 May 2000 - 12:40:52 IST
On Wed, May 10, 2000 at 10:40:38AM +0100, lbedford at domain wbtsystems.com mentioned:
> On Wed, May 10, 2000 at 10:36:02AM +0100, John P. Looney wrote:
> > Right - anyone still using crappy mail clients, like Netscape or PINE,
> > now is your chance to upgrade!!!
> Well, where's the changelog? or at least a summary of what is
> better... does it have good IMAP support yet? or is it still
> a bit wonky?
I've only had two problems with it's IMAP support:
Mutt crashes when try and read a "postponed" mail from an IMAP server
Moving from UW-IMAP to CourierIMAP really really confuses mutt.
Quick list of things:
- heavily improved IMAP support (thanks to Brandon Long
and Brendan Cully for their work),
- support for using IMAP over SSL (thanks to Tommi
- a completely changed interface for configuring mutt's
PGP support. It's now format-based, and much more
flexible than it used to be in the past.
- a split of the old edit-message command into
resend-message and edit-message. While the former gives
you what could be described as "recall from arbitrary
folders", the latter can be used to low-level modify
- the (header) weeding paradigma has changed. Instead of options
controlling weeding behaviour for all kinds of purposes,
there is one global $weed option which is toggled when
you use what used to be known as display-headers (now
display-toggle-weed). That is, you have some kind of
"WYSIWYG" support with weeding.
- we have a muttrc (5) manual page now, and it's even
- you can better control your messages' header and
envelope from headers
- the message commands on the attachment menu have been
rewritten. Just try replying to an attachment, and
you'll see what happens. ;-)
- mailing list support has changed. You may wish to
rename your "lists" commands to "subscribe". But please
read README.UPGRADE before!
- Bug fixes of all sorts.
-- "The fool must be beaten with a stick, for an intelligent person the merest hint is sufficient" -- Zen Master Greg
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.6 : Thu 06 Feb 2003 - 13:06:05 GMT