From: kevin lyda (kevin at domain suberic.net)
Date: Mon 07 May 2001 - 23:52:24 IST
ok, snarfed ximian gnome this weekend. first i'll cover bad things.
i see these so far:
1) six hour download (and no cd's to buy yet)
2) installer has an fd leak. it will cause your root fs to run out
of space during the install if it's less then around 300megs.
once the installer exits the space will free up. link /tmp up
to an fs with enough space and you'll be fine (just reset it).
3) can't find the gnome control center easily in the default
4) had to delete ~/.mozilla in order to stop mozilla from dumping
core at startup..
in addition these are my continuing problems with gnome:
1) dialog boxes seem to enjoy taking up my entire screen.
2) gnomecc takes up the entire screen.
otherwise it rocks. everything is set up quite nicely, nautilus is very
spiffy, mozilla seems reasonably stable (though i can't seem to get flash
to work). the task manager is better, and i can finally get the panel
to squeeze quite small (and spiffRUPERT is a nice thin sawmill theme).
-- kevin at domain suberic.net "nobody likes a monkey on their back. i had fork()'ed on 37058400 three. they were cramping my style. it was meatspace place: home time to get rid of them." http://suberic.net/~kevin --porter, "payback"
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.6 : Thu 06 Feb 2003 - 13:10:12 GMT