From: Patrick Kiernan (ampis at domain esatclear.ie)
Date: Fri 29 Jun 2001 - 16:22:25 IST
Here's the scenario:
1) Dialed eircom with ppp. Setup dial-up a/c with pppconfig.
2) Got connected and got an ip address.
3) Could not ping any ip address except the one we were assigned.
4) Tried typing 'route add default gw ip-we-got-assigned'
5) Could then ping anywhere including hostnames as we had our DNS ips setup
Here's the problem:
Everytime we reconnect we have to type 'ifconfig' to find out the ip address
we were assigned and then 'route add default gw ip-we-got-assigned' before we
can do anything on the net.
defaultroute is in our ppp options file.
Any help appreciated,
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.6 : Thu 06 Feb 2003 - 13:10:55 GMT