From: John P . Looney (valen at domain tuatha.org)
Date: Wed 29 Sep 1999 - 10:26:27 IST
On Wed, Sep 29, 1999 at 10:04:29AM +0100, Guest, Ken mentioned:
> There was an email from Raph Levien sitting in my inbox this
> morning; he'd be glad to participate in an interview.
1) Tell us a funny work related story
2) Did you ever get mistaken for being Ralph Lauren ?
3) Are the GNOME/GTK people going to replace imlib with another rendering
library - and is there any possibility of tying this in with OpenGL to
give people with DRI-supported 3D cards a big speedup for anitaliasing,
translucency and scaling, in the distant future ?
3a)Will there be a day when all video cards have 3D acceleration hardware ?
4) How is the "FPS" group getting along (maybe explain it a bit) ? What do
you see as being big benefits for Joe User in the short term from their
ideas ? Do you make recommendations to software authors, or get dirty &
do it yourselves ?
5) Where do you get food & hardware money from ? Would you prefer a boring
job that gives you loads of money to help persue your interests in your
own time, or a lowish-paid job that you enjoy ? Have you any intention
of ever leaving college ?
6) Would you recommend the use of the GNOME libraries, and the GTK object
model in non-gui applications ? Should it be recommended to all
freeware programmers, not just GUI ones ?
7) Have you ever found any cartoon characters to be sexually attractive ?
-- Microsoft. The best reason in the world to drink beer.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.6 : Thu 06 Feb 2003 - 13:04:37 GMT