From: Ruairi Roddy, The Examiner (ruairi.roddy at domain examiner.ie)
Date: Mon 11 Oct 1999 - 10:53:01 IST
I'm having huge difficulty getting Suse 6.0 running on my Toshiba
* It uses the NeoMagic 128
* I've installed the new X server
* I've used every XF86Config file I can find on the net for it, and
double-checked all the configs ...
* I've stuck in clocks lines, and taken them out
* I've used SaX, xf86config etc., etc.
* I've been to Toshiba's unofficial Linux website, and Linux on
and I'm still getting my error 111. (Unable to connect to server) if
I try and run it in SVGA. Or, the best result, I've got a blank
screen that *looks* like a server's running. At least I think it
Any kind soul out there with any experience of the Portege?
* Can give me a link to the correct X for the thing
* Can tell me how to obliterate all other Xs?
* Direct me to making intelligent choices for setting up neomagic?
* Calm me down?
Or, failing that, can anybody tell me how to get a base X running,
and I can figure out something else later? I'm under a little
pressure to get this sorted.
(Answering "you should have installed Red Hat" is okay, if you can
prove it. But I'm not going to go out and re-install from scratch
if I can fix SuSe).
This archive was generated by hypermail 2.1.6 : Thu 06 Feb 2003 - 13:04:42 GMT